Monkey Rock Falls, Fall River near St. Anthony, Idaho:
Steve and I took a kid-less (!) Getaway "business trip" to Colorado. We haven't laughed this hard for forever; we went to Mesa Verde National Park (awesome cliff dwellings/ruins from 750 years ago)in Cortez, and did some great hiking in Colorado National Monument in Grand Junction. We also had an AMAZINGLY hot loaner car--I didn't know this was the style in 1991 during highschool! It leaked oil like crazy, we filled up and leaked gas too (all over the gas station), got pulled over for a missing tail light, and got in trouble for borrowing it from the airport for 2 days instead of 2 hours. OOPS. We tried to have fun in Durango but I got sick and had to stick to the hotel room for a few hours. BUT it was an amazing trip anyway, a lucky perk to the contract pilot job! And the best part is, we get to go back and do it all over again WITH the kids THIS weekend! I love free rides in luxury airplanes!
The day after we got back, we packed up our backpacks (see sidebar) and hiked in to Sheep Falls for a quick overnighter with the kids. No bears, but we did surprise some naked (and busy) people on the rocks. Luckily the kids were otherwise distracted there for a minute until the coast was clear! Despite that, it was a great night for camping until Evan got sick in the middle of the night. Let's just say it was a LOONNGG night, but a fun adventure to add to the list this summer.
3 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Having a sick kid at home is tough, I can't imagine dealing with it camping:( One of these days when we get up to island park again, we'll have to hire you to take us to all these great places! What an awsome family!
Oh my gosh you are ALIVE!!! I am so happy to see that you guys are livin it up and having a super fun summer. You guys are my inspiration. I LOVE the fact that you get out so much together. Hey, call me!
Wow! You guys are a busy bunch. I swear the kids have grown so much just in the past month. Can't wait to hang with you guys again.
Post a Comment