Abbee has been wearing her Pirate costume for the last 3 days and Evan, although he's going to officially dress up as Dracula, wanted a pirate get-up to play a good game of pirates with Abbee. Evan was "Cap'n Steel Arms" and Abbee was "Cap'n Crossbones." They played all day yesterday, with accents and everything down to calling me "wench" and demanding breakfast without utensils. ("Scrambled eggs NOW, Wench, if ye know what's good for ye, ARRR!") They had pirate manners, too (i.e. none). I like Halloween as a fun escape from reality and I think we've got it DOWN!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Halloween Fun for all of us!
We've had a lot of fun the past week pulling together our Halloween costumes; Steve and I went to a costume party last night dressed as the twin princesses. (Steve won a prize for "scariest": lunch for two at our favorite local Mexican place!) I have never been a princess for Halloween so I thought it was about time to do it when I found the dresses at the Ashton Flea Market for $3 each. Steve decided to wear the one that didn't fit me 5 minutes before the party started. (He REFUSED to wear a white dress shirt to be a pirate, but agreed to wear a DRESS! My man is VERY confident to be able to pull it off.)
Abbee has been wearing her Pirate costume for the last 3 days and Evan, although he's going to officially dress up as Dracula, wanted a pirate get-up to play a good game of pirates with Abbee. Evan was "Cap'n Steel Arms" and Abbee was "Cap'n Crossbones." They played all day yesterday, with accents and everything down to calling me "wench" and demanding breakfast without utensils. ("Scrambled eggs NOW, Wench, if ye know what's good for ye, ARRR!") They had pirate manners, too (i.e. none). I like Halloween as a fun escape from reality and I think we've got it DOWN!
Abbee has been wearing her Pirate costume for the last 3 days and Evan, although he's going to officially dress up as Dracula, wanted a pirate get-up to play a good game of pirates with Abbee. Evan was "Cap'n Steel Arms" and Abbee was "Cap'n Crossbones." They played all day yesterday, with accents and everything down to calling me "wench" and demanding breakfast without utensils. ("Scrambled eggs NOW, Wench, if ye know what's good for ye, ARRR!") They had pirate manners, too (i.e. none). I like Halloween as a fun escape from reality and I think we've got it DOWN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I still think you're the hottest princess.
You guys crack me up. Those costumes are hillarious! I am going to have to hit the Ashton Flea Market this week and find some more amazing costumes. Wow, you guys are a great couple.
hdw
You guys are hillarious. I agree with you about Halloween. Sometimes it's good to just be what ever you want. If that means Steve can fullfili his wish on being a princess, then so be it. Steve I'm impressed with how well you pulled it off. Kate you look great too.
Wow, I won't even dress up for Halloween! That's awesome that you guys are so fun like that!!
What goes around, comes around, huh Steve? Once you see your own father dress in drag, it's all over. Pink is your color. You might have to, um, schedule a wax session for that little bit of fuzz on your upper lip. And the lower one. And your chin.
Steve, you make a beautiful princess! Katie you look pretty good too :)
You are both so pretty!
Post a Comment