Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My New Fall Recipe Favorite: Baked Apple Crepes

I spent the weekend (Wed, Oct 1st-Tues Oct 7th) in Utah reconnecting with family and friends(my brother Lee got married, the kids and I stayed longer for a visit with Steve's family and mine, and we finished out the time at our friends, the Belands, in Logan). It was a great trip--I'll have to post some photos later but now for the recipe. Amber Beland and I combined my baked apples with her crepes for an amazing result: Baked Apple Crepes. (Serves 8-10 generously, depending on the degree of pigging out).

12 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and sectioned into 8 pieces each
1/2-3/4 cup butter, refrigerated
Juice of 2 limes
1 to 1 1/2 cups Real Maple Syrup

Roll apple sections in lime juice then place them in a large baking pan (bigger than 9.5 X 13), pour the maple syrup over apples, laying thin slices of the butter on top. Bake in a 425 degree oven 30-40 minutes until apples are baked, stirring a few times during baking. Eat warm with ice cream or wrap in crepes, with or without whipped cream, using the baking juices as syrup. YUMMMMM!! For Thanksgiving, I add slices of sweet potato (not yams) to the apples, which is also good. (But I don't use crepes for this!)

I hope you like it as much as we did: this recipe has been taste-test approved by Amber and I plus 6 of our combined kids.

I'll get the crepe recipe from Amber and add it to this post ASAP.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am totally going to try these. YUM!
hdw