Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30th! I'm glad I was born!


I am now entering my 34th year on this planet (Steve reminded me life's about 1/3 over) and I can say that the past 33 would not have been half so great if it weren't for all my great family and friends.  THANK YOU for being in my life and for all the great times.  My birthday wish is for you all to have a GREAT DAY!

Being my birthday and all, I thought a few quotes would be fun:


Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake. –Anonymous

Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a cheese.  –Unkown

Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang, 'Happy Birthday.'  -Stephen Wright

The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune.  English Proverb

Pleas'd to look forward, pleas'd to look behind, and count each birthday with a grateful mind. - Alexander Pope

One to-day is worth two to-morrows. - Benjamin Franklin

We are always the same age inside. - Gertrude Stein

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. - Reverend Larry Lorenzoni

When I was born I was so surprised I didn’t talk for a year and a half. –Unkown

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. - Mark Twain

Be kind to your kids, they'll be choosing your nursing home. – Unknown

You were born an original. Don't die a copy. - John Mason

 If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes. – Euripides

 There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents ... and only one for birthday presents, you know.  - Lewis Carroll

 No wise man ever wished to be younger.- Jonathan Swift

 After 30, a body has a mind of its own.  - Bette Midler

 A birthday is just the first day of another 365 day journey around the sun.--Unknown

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Great quotes! Happy Birthday!!!

MamaJenny said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Jen

The Belands said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
To a truly fantastic person.
I left you a message on your phone.
I hope you had a great day.
Love ya,
Amber