Monday, September 29, 2008
Uh-the math is wrong on the Bailout Alternative...
To my dismay, the math is wrong on the 'bailout 'alternative' below. Although I'm relieved it was not my original idea, I am feeling SHEEPISH that I didn't catch the math. (Thanks to my father-in-law, retired electrical engineer extraordinaire, for the fact-checking. I normally ignore numbers, so I wouldn't have caught it EVER if he hadn't mentioned it.) It was off by, oh, a minor detail of 3 DECIMAL PLACES! So, the "We Deserve It" bailout would actually be only $425.00, NOT $425,000!! However, I can say that either way, this 'alternative' still makes about as much sense as the real Bailouts AND it confirms the premise that BAILOUTS ARE SILLY. No, they're worse: immoral, inexcuseable, and ILLEGAL (unconstitutional).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oops! So sorry I steered you wrong. I caught it too, but late. After I watched a blurb on Fox News where they had the real numbers figured to about $3000 per person. Duh, should have realized it sounded way too good to be true. Still, I agree with you on the premise.
It's a good thing there are people who do math for fun out there. I didn't check it either, and forwarded it to a bunch of people. Turns out we're ALL nincompoops. Except the math smartiepants. :-)
Post a Comment