I'm sure I can think of 9 other things to be thankful for, besides today's. (Just to be caught up!) Each one relates to something about the date.
November 1st: No credit card debt! Since now we're heading into uncertain and unpredictable income, it sure is nice to not have it.
November 2nd: Primary Programs and a cute son who winked at me through all 4 verses of "I am a child of God." I am grateful for a music leader who teaches by the spirit. Those kids in our primary really know what they're singing about. And we all felt it.
November 3rd: A hard working husband. 12 hour days 5-6 days per week plus all his help at home and being a great father and friend is amazing. I love being in love with him.
November 4th: Election Day. A system of government that allows us to vote people OUT of office even thought they've been elected INTO office!
November 5th: Amazing fall weather to get out and walk in. While the kids were at their BYU-Idaho gym class, I walked all over the hills of campus. I should have left my coat and hat in the car--it was a great workout. I did notice however, compared to the last time I walked a campus (I was 23 not 33) I didn't get many 2nd looks from the men! Oh well, I didn't give THEM any, either!
November 6th: A job where I get to work with kids in physical therapy. I especially had fun working with Nathaniel today. What a great kid with a great smile. Also--a great kid-sitter (Deidre Hill) for the times I go to work! She even did Abbee's spelling test today!
November 7th: Friends who homeschool in Ashton! Our co-op was today and we had fun learning about earthquakes (lots of experiments; our favorite was a demo of what the numbers in the Richter scale really mean: take a box of popcorn, drop it from 1 inch above the floor--- that's a 1 on the Richter Scale. Now, drop it from 32 inches: That's a 2; now drop from 1024 inches (32 x 32 = 85 feet!) that's a 3; and so on... We only made it to a 2, but the kids really got the idea of each number being 32 times more powerful than the previous number). We also talked about dinosaurs and did an archaeology dig for real chicken bones, as if we were looking for dinosaur bones. They all found some, and the older boys spent 2 hours putting together the vertebrae.
We finished off the day by performing skits for each other. (Each family did one). This was in prep for practicing our Christmas play that we are doing for the elderly members of the United Methodist Church in December.
November 8th: A new rug for the playroom! (Birthday money found a cause.)
November 9th: Great fall weather; Ashton, Idaho may be in the middle of nowhere 30 miles from anything, even Walmart, but you can't beat the scenery. I am so happy to live here and be able to hike into the national forest right from my door. Also, it's nice to have a funny cat that likes to go hiking. Cats, I've learned, cannot pace themselves. Chip did not like walking (and falling through) ice on puddles of water; he meows non-stop when we get too far ahead; and he plowed straight into Maggie 3 times when he got freaked out by something. And, just like at home, he lays down RIGHT in front of your feet, whenever he pleases. He needs the exercise, though since he eats both cat AND dog food.
November 10th: Freedom to homeschool my 2 great kids! It has been such a good experience, something I never thought I could do. I wish more people would try it!
And that's what I'm going to go do RIGHT NOW!
1 comment:
Isn't that such a great photo Heather took?!?
I love all the things you're thankful for!!
Post a Comment