Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oops, I'm WAY behind on the 30 days of Thanks

Um, I haven't posted since the 11th! Okay--here's an updated list of things to be thankful for:

Our woodburning fireplace and lots of firewood in stacks around the house. And a little boy who takes pride in keeping us warm by being in charge of the woodpile/keeping the fireplace going. (With help!)

A good source of whole foods in Ashton: www.azurestandard.com I love ordering groceries online! Although, I do still support the local Dave's Jubilee. I think it's important to support local businesses and I'm glad we have Dave's, even if not much else is around in Ashton to support! (Sunrise Cafe and La Taqueria are great local restaurants though).

Kids that can get things done even when mom is at work.

I've said this before but: an amazing husband who can cheerfully work hard at various jobs to provide for our family and help me stay home with the kids.

A great Co-op day: middle ages bookmaking/education/heraldry. The kids made books by sewing pages together and covering cardboard in fabric; then after dicussing heraldry, they designed their own coat of arms and painted it on the cover. All those kids came up with symbols that were SO representative of who they are--it was fun to see their creativity and artwork.

A friend who can cut hair! THANK YOU MICHELLE! A haircut for a trade of helping to wash windows--I call that more than fair.

A LOOONNNGGG fall without any serious snow. It was in the 50's today and we all took a walk around the Ashton Hill Loop which was BEAUTIFUL!

Great literature--I've been reading IVANHOE for the first time to help me get into the middle ages thing and I have to say, reading from great authors is an amazing experience in self-education. I wish I could use the English language like that! And what a great story--why haven't I read it before now?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I have got to say that you are truly a greatful, happy person.

By the way......No you can't wear your own swimsuit, and you would look GREAT in the purple condom. Hee, hee
hdw