Sunday, November 30, 2008
Our Happy little Thanksgiving
While my family (mom and brother, sister in law and neice) was here for the holiday, Abbee came up with a project: make placemats. It was so fun and she did a great job teaching us the way to do it. She put kits together so we each could make and decorate our own; it turned into a kind of competition with my brother and mom trying to out-do each other all weekend. We also watched Evan and Uncle Glen try bobbing for apples on a string (Evan won). Funny stuff, seeing my brother trying to stab it with his teeth. Olivia taught us to play Spades and Abbee caught on in one round although after 5 rounds mom still was wondering what was up. What I wish I had was a picture of Freya with her one eye stuck shut like a cute little alienish robot baby. She is SOOO cute and sweet but that had us all in giggles. The boys shot up the pumpkins and pop cans too, it turns out little Evan is getting to be a good shot! It was good having them here but we missed Lee and Katie! The whole weekend sure beat the last time we were together for Thanksgiving 3 years ago: it was the first thanksgiving without my dad and it was a disaster, with an attempt at a restaurant meal failing into a last-minute rush to Albertson's for the food, ending up with all of us siblings fighting and everyone in a bad mood in a small room full of tension. I am happy to say this year was a flaming success, and (I think) everyone had a good time. I thought the food turned out pretty great, too. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, you guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fun Thanksgiving!!
Post a Comment